Parent (Migrant) Visa
In addition you must be able to demonstrate one of the following:
- at least half of your children are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens who are usually resident in Australia
- you have more children living in Australia as Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens than in any other country.
This visa allows you and your accompanying partner and dependent family members to live as permanent residents in Australia.
You can also:
- work and study in Australia
- receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
- be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
- sponsor people for permanent residence (subject to waiting periods).
There are several categories under Parents visa, fast track contributory and normal processing, permanent and temporary as well as offshore and onshore aged parents visa, which can be chosen depending your background case.